Monday, May 23, 2016

Nani at Artist Residence: Day 7

Chapter 2: Casablanca Nights

From about the fifth evening of my residence, I began to work on the second chapter of the book. Unlike the first, in this one, a lot of my childhood memories appear...the house in which I grew up, 
my only clear memory of my grandfather, Dada the first day he came to visit with Nani. While drawing I remembered the smells of my childhood, the colors, the way I say on Dada's lap when he gave me my present which I have guarded as a treasure and which has has travelled with me to all of my homes. 





I have always felt that during the process of creation I relive the story, a new layer of sensibility awakens within and accompanies me. I receive and understand information that I was once unaware I had. During the residence, and since, this happens a lot. 

Making this book is a constant celebration.


No comments:

Post a Comment